Maria de Vera is a Sydney-based freelance photographer specialising in live music photography.
Music and photography are my two main passions in life, so it makes sense that I enjoy shooting live music concerts. I always strive to capture the true essence of a show and to provide high quality images with a fast turnaround for my clients.
I've been shooting live concerts since 2005 and shot bands such as Foo Fighters, Green Day, Kings Of Leon, Paramore, Jason Derulo, Demi Lovato, John Legend, Maroon 5, Thirty Seconds To Mars and many more. I have also covered music festivals including Soundwave Festival, Listen Out, Soulfest, Vans Warped Tour and Future Music Festival.
My work has been published both online and print in The Brag Magazine, Stack Magazine, Moshcam, Tone Deaf, FasterLouder, AAA Backstage, LifeMusicMedia, Amnplify, The 59th Sound and SF Media.
Aside from music, I've also shot for Apple, Century Venues, Raine & Horne Real Estate, Manning Bar, GNWTV and was an official photographer for Just For Laughs Festival at Sydney Opera House 2015, Fashion On The Park 2010 and nightclub 'Crème' at Off Broadway Hotel.
- The Grand National Music Photographers Exhibition - February 2013
- AIR Awards (Australian Independent Record Labels Association) Exhibition - October 2013/2014
- Wide Eyed Live: Volume One - May 2014
- Wide Eyed Live: Volume Two - May 2015
- Wide Eyed Live: Volume Three - May 2016
Awards and Accolades:
- International Photography Awards 2014
Winner 2nd Place | Category: Advertising - Music
- Pedestrian.TV Photography Awards 2014
Finalist | Category: Music
- Monster Children Photography Competition 2015
Shortlisted | Category: Music
- 2009: College of Fine Arts (University of New South Wales) - Fine Arts/Arts Degree, Major: Photomedia
- 2011: Australian Centre of Photography (ACP) - Camera Course 1
- 2012: Sydney Community College - Lighting for Photography